Plants, Stone, California Landscapes

It Wouldn’t Be a True Richmond Garden Blog…

…if we never got our computer stolen. Or something like that. It seems to be one of the realities of our neighborhood. Several of our neighbors were robbed a couple of years ago, another one last year, and I guess now it was our turn. While we were in Baja last month someone carried off the copper trellis from our front yard, and now this past week the same person or someone else has taken our computer. The joys of urban living.

It could have been worse I guess. The copper trellis was a leftover item that got installed temporarily in our garden, and we always knew it was something of a risk. I don’t even have any photos of it, actually, because I was never enthusiastic about how it was sited. Losing the computer is a much bigger drag, but we had it synched up with our office computer and backed up online, so we didn’t lose many files or photos. Three cheers for cloud computing.

We didn’t seem to have a theft problem while we were fostering pit bulls, so we’ll probably be getting another dog soon, and definitely before we get another computer. In the meantime, blogging will be less convenient, as I can only do it from our office computer now. If anyone knows of a scary-looking barker in need of a good home, let us know.

10 Responses to “It Wouldn’t Be a True Richmond Garden Blog…”

1. February 25th, 2010 at 10:36 am

Noelle/azplantlady says:

I am so sorry about your robbery….it is definitely a plague that visits suburban dwellers. As for barking dogs, our Chihuahua has quite a fierce bark, although our Golden Retriever is probably a bit more intimidating ;^)

2. February 25th, 2010 at 12:34 pm

Brad says:

If you do get a pitbull as a deterrent you’ll then have to take the computer for a walk with the dog. 🙁 Sorry for the loss of your computer.

3. February 25th, 2010 at 10:17 pm

Daffodil Planter says:

Rotten luck! Great illustration though.

4. February 26th, 2010 at 10:54 am

Town Mouse says:

Oh, I’m so sorry. Smart of you though to be well backed up. So very few people are proactive like that.

5. February 26th, 2010 at 7:52 pm

ryan says:

Thanks everyone.
    We probably won’t go the Chihuaha route, though it’s an intriguing idea. They are certainly fierce, if not intimidating.
    Walking the computer, huh? I suppose if we get a laptop…
    I think that daffodil was about as bummed as we were.
    Anita gets credit for being the smart one.

6. February 28th, 2010 at 11:36 am

lostlandscape(James) says:

Well that sucks! If there’s a bright side I suppose it gives you an excuse for the latest greatest in computing. And it ended up only being the loss of a tool but not all the great things you’ve done with it.

7. March 1st, 2010 at 10:05 pm

Dirty Girl Gardening says:

There needs to be a blog dedicated to deflated balloon flowers like yours and mine.

8. March 3rd, 2010 at 5:45 am

Susan Tomlinson says:

Damn, that’s a disappointment, to be sure. Still, I’m glad you’re there in the neighborhood–that’s what it needs, after all: people like you.

Hope you find a nice pit bull who needs a friendly, loving home.

9. March 15th, 2010 at 9:09 pm

chuck b. says:

10. March 22nd, 2010 at 11:50 am

Lynn says:

Bummer. I hate it when people turn out to be so disappointing. That’s funny about the pits though–ferocious barkers but I’m told they’re sweet and loving! Hope you find one to love (A dog and a laptop).